WTO AND GENEVA
To mark the signing of the GATT in 1947, a UN press release announced: "There is no parallel to this achievement in any previous trade negotiations, all of which have been on a more limited scale. The completion of such a large number of simultaneous negotiations of such broad scope in a little over six months is in itself a remarkable feat."
How the Agreement came into being
The lead negotiators profoundly disagreed on the level of ambition to be achieved by the negotiations but finally overcame their profound differences.
- Clash of the GATT negotiators
- GATT 1947: How Stalin and the Marshall Plan helped to conclude the negotiations
- GATT 1947 and the grueling task of signing
- 1947 press release announcing the signing of the GATT
- PIIE抯 Trade Talks podcast: Happy 70th GATTiversary桾he Origins of Multilateral Trade